The Rockford Dog Park was built as a result of citizen-led fundraising and made possible by the generous donations of sponsors and individual donors. The purpose of the park is to provide a safe place for canine citizens to play and socialize. The Rockford Dog Park is the property of the City of Rockford, Michigan.
Location: Richardson-Sowerby Park. From Ten Mile Road, turn north onto Main Street. Turn left into The Towers Parking lot and follow the lot through to the west until you see the trail. From the parking lot, hop on the trail and head south across the foot bridge. Veer left when the trail splits and the park is on the right side.
Dog park rules:
1. Park hours are dawn to dusk.
2. Pick up after your pet.
3. Dogs must be on a leash outside the fenced area.
4. No prong or choke collars.
5. No food of any kind allowed.
6. No dogs in heat.
7. All dogs must be up to date on vaccines.
8. Owners are to supervise their dogs.
9. Dogs displaying aggressive behavior are to be removed.
10. Maximum of two dogs per handler.
11. Handlers must be 18 years old.
12. No smoking.