Piedmont Park is a haven for dogs and humans alike! While a City of Atlanta ordinance requires all dogs in public areas to be leashed, Piedmont Dog Park is one of the few locations in metro Atlanta where dogs may run free, off the leash. Since 2002, this special off-leash area is one of the most popular features of Piedmont Park.
PIEDMONT DOG PARK FEATURES
Consistently recognized as one of Atlanta’s best dog parks, the Piedmont Park Dog Parks feature:
- Three acres for dogs to run off-leash
- Separate enclosures for large (30+ lbs) and small dogs (<30 lbs)
- New trails and landscaping
- Benches and restrooms for loyal owners
- Shaded areas
- Dog water spickets
- Weekend concessions including King of Pops with Dog Popsicles!
The Piedmont Dog Parks are located under the Park Drive bridge and adjacent to the Education Garden and Six Springs Wetlands.