The Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission welcomes area dog owners and their pets to visit the new Swift Run Dog Park. The park is a collaborative park project between the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission and the City of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Services. The park is an outdoor space established for dog owners to allow their dogs to legally run free off-leash. All users are advised that this dog park is an unsupervised recreational area and users of this facility do so at their own risk.
The joint city-county Swift Run Dog Park is located at the northeast corner of the Swift Run landfill. It is bounded on the north by Ellsworth Road and on the east by Platt Road. The 10-acre Swift Run Dog Park is maintained in partnership with Washtenaw County with financial contributions from both the city and county.
Dog Park Amenities
- 10 acre grassy field area with 5' high perimeter fencing
- large and small dog run areas
- 30-car gravel parking lot (entrance off Platt Road)
- double entry/exit control gates (wheel chair accessible)
- mowed trail, landscaping and site benches
- on site portable toilet and nearby, off site, flush-restrooms (Southeast Area Park-City of Ann Arbor)
- trash receptacles and dog waste disposal stations
- posted rules, signage and information kiosk
- NOTE: water is not available, please bring your own non-glass water containers to the park
Swift Run Dog Park is open daily year-round between dawn and dusk unless otherwise posted. Park may be closed in extremely wet conditions or for regular or posted maintenance periods. The park is typically closed for maintenance every Monday morning between 8:30-11:30 am and on Friday afternoon between 12:30-3:00 pm.