Second Chance Animal Shelter
Second Chance Animal Shelter is a nationally recognized organization that provides innovative programs and services to help animals. Second Chance Animal Shelter has been helping animals since 1999. We are a no-kill, non-profit charitable 501c3 organization. We help over 26,000 pets through adoption, low cost spay/neuter, subsidized veterinary care, community outreach, educational programs, training, a pet food pantry, and other services.
- To provide temporary shelter to stray, abandoned, and surrendered animals for the purpose of finding permanent suitable new homes.
- To provide assistance and financial aid to prevent overpopulation through spaying and neutering programs.
- To support a healthy pet community and responsible animal husbandry by providing reasonably cost general veterinary services, as well as low/no cost general veterinary services to those unable to afford care for their pets.
- To provide low/no cost general veterinary services to animal control agencies, animal shelters and rescues.
- To establish cross-referral networks with local “for profit” veterinary doctors and clinics.
- To provide assistance and information to others whose purposes are consistent with the purpose of Second Chance Animal Shelter, Inc.
Second Chance will be a model shelter, addressing the issue of pet over-population by providing solutions through services and prevention through education. We will be the exemplary shelter for Central Massachusetts by executing exceptional business and service practices and providing a revolutionary model for the pet and shelter industry.