New Beginnings Animal Rescue is a not for profit animal rescue founded in 2016. It is our goal to focus on the rescue of urgent and unwanted animals in need. All animals are provided with routine, emergency, or specialized medical care that they deserve. Furthermore, we go beyond medical care to rehabilitate animals with behavioral issues due to past trauma through the use of positive reinforcement techniques provided by our trainers and behaviorists.
New Beginnings Animal Rescue has two locations – Mobile, Alabama and Minneapolis, MN. These two locations operate as one rescue. Animals may be adopted in both locations. Some animals rescued in our southern location will travel to our northern location to be adopted once all vetting is complete via a volunteer transport. All animals stay in a foster home in (both) location(s) until they are deemed ready for adoption medically, emotionally, and physically.
We are incredibly passionate about what we do at New Beginnings Animal Rescue! This rescue was founded based on our love for animals, our need for the public to have an outlet for unwanted animals, and because we truly believe all animals deserve a second chance!
Who IS New Beginnings Animal Rescue and HOW do we do it?
1. We are a group of people dedicated to helping animals in the Mobile Alabama area. The overpopulation is so great here that we feel we can make a positive impact on just this area. We hope to increase our area over time, but we will still focus on the southern region of the United States. That is where the need is the greatest!!
2. We pull animals from shelters in the Mobile, Alabama area or take in owner surrender dogs from families that can no longer care for their animals. We focus on the high kill shelters and those that have the largest population with the highest euthanasia rates.
3. We then place them in loving foster homes in the Mobile area until we can get the m full vetted (including vaccinations, alteration and microchipping) and are healthy, happy, and have adjusted to a loving home enough to be put up for adoption.
4. Once they are ready for adoption we transport them up to Minnesota using volunteer transporters, where they are placed in new foster homes, until they can find their new forever homes!
5. We then find new forever families for these awesome animals so that we can save some more!!