Bayer Equips Veterinarians with Dermoscent® Specialty Skin Care Line for On-the-Go Pet Owners
Dermoscent® skin care products with essential oils support skin and coat care without additional added fragrances
Press Release: Bayer HealthCare Animal Health – 6 hours ago
SHAWNEE, Kan., Oct. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — More and more pet owners are seeking naturally-derived and non-shampooing options for their pets’ needs. Now veterinarians can offer both with Dermoscent®, a specialty line of pet skin care products from Bayer HealthCare Animal Health.
The Dermoscent® products combine the benefits of plant-derived essential oils and essential fatty acids with convenient delivery methods. Dermoscent® products, designed with the busy pet owner in mind, are specially formulated and packaged to be easy to use.
“Each product is intended to help provide flexibility and convenience,” said Ken Kwochka, DVM, DACVD, Manager of Veterinary Services, Health and Wellness, Bayer HealthCare LLC Animal Health, North America. “Due to the numerous steps related to bathing a pet, such as finding the time, managing the process, etc., pet owners are often reluctant to bathe their pet. Dermoscent® products are well-suited options to support both shampoo therapy or to use when shampooing is impractical.”
Naturally derived, Naturally easy; benefits for the pet
Nobody likes itchy skin or dull hair, including a pet. The Dermoscent® line includes products for dogs and cats that have been shown to support the management of dermatological problems of dry, flaky skin, dull/brittle hair coats and malodor.
The full line of Dermoscent® products include:
- Essential 6® spot-on supports healthy skin and can help minimize a pet’s itching associated with some dermatological conditions. Essential 6® spot-on is based on a formula containing an elegant combination of 10 essential oils, vegetable oils rich in unsaturated Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E. It’s available in a convenient spot-on pipette that is applied directly to pet’s skin.
- Essential Mousse contains essential fatty acids to help support the natural barrier function and hydration of the skin, and essential oils, including Melaleuca oil which has been shown to have antimicrobial properties in vitro. Pet owners simply distribute the mousse through their pet’s fur and then towel or brush them off. It’s that easy.
- Dermoscent BIO BALM® may be of benefit in managing rough, hyperkeratotic conditions such as thickened/cracked footpads, those affecting the nasal planum and non-infected calluses, even those on pressure point areas, such as elbows. Simply apply the balm to the affected area.
- ATOP 7® Spray is a gentle dermatological treatment formulated with naturally-derived ingredients to support the management of pruritic skin and a healthy skin barrier. By helping to support a pet’s lipid layer with essential oils and essential fatty acids, ATOP 7® Spray can help calm dry, itchy skin.
- PYOclean® Wipes are a convenient choice for removing dirt and debris from a pet’s skin and hair coat. With just a swipe of the wipe, the mild, alcohol-free PYOclean® Wipes clean those hard-to-reach places on the pet’s body (skin folds, groin area, interdigital spaces, etc.). PYOclean® Wipes are formulated with cajuput oil, which has been shown to have antimicrobial properties in vitro, and may even assist in the management of localized cutaneous infections.
“We are excited to offer veterinarians a variety of simple to use, plant-derived products to help them address their patient’s specific dermatological needs,” said Dave Van Brunt, vice president, companion animal marketing, Bayer HealthCare LLC Animal Health, North America. “The Dermoscent® line is a logical extension of our DVM® line and enables us to offer on-the-go skin care to busy pet owners.”
About Bayer HealthCare
The Bayer Group is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. Bayer HealthCare, a subgroup of Bayer AG with annual sales of EUR 18.9 billion (2013), is one of the world’s leading, innovative companies in the healthcare and medical products industry and is based in Leverkusen, Germany. The company combines the global activities of the Animal Health, Consumer Care, Medical Care and Pharmaceuticals divisions. Bayer HealthCare’s aim is to discover, develop, manufacture and market products that will improve human and animal health worldwide. Bayer HealthCare has a global workforce of 56,000 employees (Dec. 31, 2013) and is represented in more than 100 countries. More information at
Bayer, the Bayer Cross, DVM and DVM & Design are registered trademarks of Bayer. Dermoscent, ATOP 7, BIO BALM, Essential 6 and PYOclean are registered trademarks of LDCA/Laboratoire de Dermo-Cosmetique Animale from France.
Find more information about Bayer HealthCare Animal Health at
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Facebook:
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer’s public reports which are available on the Bayer website at
Comments are closed